Updated: 12, 2021
Windows 10 gives a number of methods to share files and folders with other users, like using the “Share” feature, OneDrive and setting up a more progressive configuration utilizing folder sharing. In this piece of info, we will let you know all about Windows 10 file sharing.
Solution 1. Sharing Files Utilizing Share
- As an initial step start File Explorer and browse to the folder location with the files that you need to share.
- Here choose as many files as you want.
- Press on the Share tab and click the Share button.
- As the second last step choose a contact, adjoining sharing device, or one of the Microsoft Store applications.
- Carry on with the on-screen commands to share the content.
Solution 2. Sharing Files Utilizing OneDrive
- Direct the option of Start, find out OneDrive and tap the top result to initiate the folder location.
- Here right-click the content that you need to share and choose the Share OneDrive link option to make and copy the shareable link to the clipboard.
- At the end right-click and paste the link so you could share it on any email, social media post, or any other kind of messaging system.
Solution 3. Customize Sharing Options Using OneDrive
- Direct Start as the first step; find for OneDrive and press the top result to so you could open the folder location.
- Now right-click the folder or file that you need to share and choose More OneDrive sharing options.
- Arrange the sharing inclination for the OneDrive content. Choices obtainable contain the capability to let editing, set expiration date or password.
- Press the Get a link option and tap the Copy button so you could upload the link to the clipboard.
- At the end right-click and paste the link to share it on any email, social media post, or any other kind of system that has a messaging option.
Solution 4. Sharing Folders with File Explorer
- Start File Explorer and go to the folder with the content that you need to share.
- Now right-click the folder, choose the Give access too option, and press the Specific people option.
- Here in the “Network access” wizard, utilize the drop-down menu; pick the users that you need to share the folder and its content.
- Then tap the Add button.
- Now under the option of the “Permission Level” column, press the permissions button and state the access privileges.
- Press the Share button and right-click the shared folder path before choosing the Copy Link option.
- At the end tap the exit button.
Solution 5. Windows 1o File Sharing with a HomeGroup
Direct File Explorer (Win+E) and go to the file or folder that you need to share. Now right-click on the item and move the cursor so you could give access to:
You’ll see many options containing ‘view’ and ‘view and edit’. Press view to allow group members to see the file, or check and edit to allow them to alter it. You can also ‘Remove access’ when you need to stop sharing an item.
The time you’ve selected, you will see that anyone in the group will have access to it via the HomeGroup link in File Explorer. In case you only need to share the item with a single person then chooses their name or press Specific People.
We hope that the above ways would be helping you in terms of windows 10 file sharing. In case you have any quarry, don’t hesitate to ask.