Digital camera has given their users enough space to capture moments of their lives so that they can relish in the future. The best feature of a digital camera is that it can capture and delete the photos until you get satisfied. Digital cameras use memory cards which help to store the moments including photos and videos. Several memory cards are available in the market today with different storage capacity, speed, and sizes.
However, due to some uncertain reasons, accidental deletion and careless attitude of the users may cause photo loss from a digital camera. But, there are several ways that can help you recover deleted photos from digital camera.
When you delete photos or videos from a digital camera, it does not get deleted permanently; it remains there unless or until you save the new photos there. If the data is overwritten then it may cause permanent deletion of the photos from the digital camera.
Here, I will tell you the best ways to recover deleted photos from digital camera. But, before that, let’s have a look at some possible causes of digital photo deletion.
Possible Causes of Digital Photo Deletion
Here are the most possible reasons due to which photos from a digital camera get deleted:
- Accidental Deletion: Sometimes photos from digital cameras get deleted due to accidental deletion by just pressing a wrong button.
- Sudden Formatting of Memory Card: Memory card is the default storage space for a digital camera, once you format the memory card accidentally or unintentionally, your photos get deleted.
- Memory Card Corruption: Generally, a corrupted memory card is also one of the major reasons responsible for digital photo loss. If you pull the memory card out of the digital camera without switching the digital camera off can also corrupt the memory card of the digital camera. If you use one memory card in several digital cameras then it can cause memory card corruption.
- Virus Or Malware Infection In Memory Card: Most of the users love to transfer the files to the computer and watching pictures on the big screen rather than the small screen digital camera. But, if the system is corrupted due to virus infection then your photos may get deleted by itself without your consent.
- Using Digital Camera In Low Battery: If your digital camera’s battery is very low and you are still using the camera then the photos you take may get lost. Also, it can sometimes corrupt the memory card.
Methods To Recover Deleted Photos From Digital Camera
Here, you can get the best ways to recover deleted photos from digital camera. All these ways are very effective and will definitely be helpful for digital camera photo recovery. Try the solutions one by one and see which one works in your case.
Method #1: Recover Deleted Photos From Backup Folder
If you have a habit of keeping backup of your important photos on a regular basis then it is a good habit. I am saying so because you can restore the digital camera photos to the original location of the computer. You can follow the below steps to restore photos from backup folder:
- You have to first of all find and open the Backup folder where the photos are already saved.
- Next, you have to simply locate the exact digital camera images that you have actually lost unintentionally or accidentally from the device.
- After this, you have to copy all the digital camera photos and then store the photos you found to the digital camera card or other storage devices.
All these steps will definitely allow you to recover deleted photos from digital camera very easily.
Method #2: Use attrib Command To Recover Deleted Photos
If you do not have any backup then you can try another option which is attrib command. Yes, this command will help you recover deleted photos from a digital camera.
Sometimes it happens that the photos get hidden from the storage space due to some reasons, using this command you will able to recover the hidden files from the storage device. But make sure that you do not make any mistake while using the steps because if you even do a single mistake, it can put you at great risk of losing the data. You have to follow the below steps to do so:
- First of all, you have to simply plug in the digital camera memory card to the Windows PC.
- After this, you have to go to Start option and next you have to type ‘cmd’ there in a search bar, and then you have to hit Enter key. After this, you will see there something that is named ‘exe’ under the program’s list.
- Now, make a right-click on the cmd and after that, you will get command windows that will allow you to recover hidden files from digital camera memory card.
- Next, you have to type there ‘attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*’,you can use the drive letter there you are using.
Using these steps will definitely help you recover deleted photos from digital camera in easy ways.
How to Prevent Digital Camera Photo Loss?
If you don’t want to lose photos from digital cameras ever then you have to take some preventive measures that will prevent the data loss scenario. Here are some of the major preventive measures you should follow:
- Take care of the battery status; if it is low then you should not use the digital camera.
- Do not eject the memory card when it is in working mode.
- Make sure that you back up the digital camera photos on a regular basis so that you can easily restore from the backup folder if they are lost in any scenario.
- Always use ‘safely remove hardware’ when you eject the memory card or any other removable device from the system. If it is not ejected safely then you may lose photos from digital camera memory card or may also lead to the RAW file system issue.
Even though losing digital camera photos is quite unavoidable, you can recover deleted photos from digital camera without affecting even a single original data. You can try these both ways for digital camera photo recovery solution. These solutions can recover deleted photos from any digital camera brands like Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Panasonic, etc.
That’s all… Now it’s your turn to take start the action to recover deleted photos from a digital camera.