Users can delete EFI partition in Disk Management without any effort. But at times, you can’t delete EFI partition in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista because “Delete Volume” option is grayed out. And you may probably face a comparable situation when you try to remove OEM partition, recovery partitions, system reserved partition. In case you need to know how it can be done then this article will help you a lot. Just read the below solutions to do it:
Solution 1. Removing EFI System Partition with Diskpart
- Press “Windows Key + R” to direct the run dialogue box, enter diskpart and tap “OK” to initiate a black command prompt window.
- Now write the following instructions and press Enter after entering:
“list disk” It displays all the disks of your computer.
“sel disk 0” (It identifies which disk you need to work with. Here 0 stands for the disk letter.)
“list partition” (It displays all partitions and EFI system partitions on the selected disk.)
“sel partition 1” (Select the EFI partition that you want to delete. Here, 1 stands for the volume number of EFI.)
- Then write the following instructions one by one and click Enter
“list partition” (It displays all the volumes on the hard drive.)
“select partition 1” (It identifies which partition you want to remove. Here 1 stands for the volume letter.)
“delete partition override” (It removes the EFI partition from Windows disk.)
In the end write “exit” to end the windows when you get the message that says, ‘DiskPart effectively removed the chosen partition’.
Solution 2. Delete EFI Partition Utilizing EaseUS free Partition Manager
- As the first step, right-click on the hard drive partition which you need to remove and choose the option that says “Delete”.
- Press “OK” to ensure that you need to remove the chosen partition.
- In the end, press the “Execute Operation” button and keep all variations by tapping “Apply”.
We hope that this article would be helping for all of those who need to learn how to detect EFI partition easily.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC
In this busy world almost, everyone wants a break to relax and be away from the work load or pressure. For this purpose, people use…