Users can avail many advantages the time they update the operating system of their Windows. Sometimes it gets irritating when you face such issues that stop you from finishing your updates. In case these errors pop up on your system, there is no need to be worried about because in this article we have some methods through which you can fix fatal error c0000034 applying update operation.
Following are some procedures through which users can solve fatal error c0000034 applying update operation:
1. Launching Startup Repair
- As first step just restart your PC, and reboot it when it’s starting up
- You would be able to see that your PC will report you about an error, here you are supposed to select the option “Launch Startup Repair” (In case you don’t have this module downloaded in your PC, you are required to the installation disc of your Windows. Just boot from CD and proceed with next steps).
- Then time you see that the Startup Repair begins just tap cancel.
- Here now you have tapped to cancel it, you will see the dialog box will pop up. Press Don’t Send and tap the link View advanced options for recovery and support.
- Here in the new window tap Command Prompt at the bottom type the below line and tap Enter:
- You will see that this instruction will open Notepad. In notepad go to File>Open.
- After the completion of above steps change the type of files notepad views from .txt to All Files.
- Then in Notepad, go to C:Windowswinsxs (or whichever drive your system is downloaded on).
- In winsxs folder, find pending.xml and just copy it.
- Here copy and paste it in the same folder. This step is a precautionary step in case something happens to the original so you don’t lose it.
- Now open the original pending.xml. This process will take some time to load, because the file is huge.
- Then tap ctrl + F on your keyboard and go for the below instruction:
- Erase the below text:
<MoveFile source=”SystemRootWinSxSTempPendingRenamese56db1db48d4cb0199440000b01de419._0000000000000000.cdf-ms” destination=”SystemRootWinSxSFileMa_0000000000000000.cdf-ms”/>
- At the end just save the file, end the Command Prompt and restart the PC.
In case this procedure doesn’t solve fatal error c0000034 applying update operation, go for the next method.
2. Utilizing the Troubleshooter for Updating Windows
In case you face some technical errors that are causing trouble to the operating system of your PC you can troubleshoot them, while utilizing a program on Windows 10 that is made to solve such problems. Users can just utilize their Windows Update Troubleshooter to resolve the fatal error C0000034, applying update operation. You can also do it by following the below steps:
- As first step go to the settings -> Updates & Security ->Troubleshoot -> Windows Update.
Then tap Run the Troubleshooter.
- You will see that the program will find out the issue and recommend a better method to fix it.
3. Refreshing the Components of Windows Update
In case both of the previous methods don’t solve the issue, just go for the option of refreshing the components of your Windows Update. Before going towards the guidelines below remember to make a backup point. By doing that, you can restore a functional Windows 10 version in case something goes wrong.
- As first step go to the Search icon and write “cmd” in the bar. Then right-click the Command Prompt and tap to Run as Administrator.
- Now enter the instructions below. Keep in mind that after entering every single command you have pressed enter and wait until each task is ended before the time you go for the next one.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvcnet stop cryptsvc
4. Turn off Antivirus and Firewall
Updating issues are provoked by your antivirus tool or firewall are very common. So the easiest method is to disable your antivirus and firewall, reboot your PC and then try to download the updates that started the issue of C0000034.
In case you rely on Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for the sake of security just turn them off.
- As initial step go to Start > write ‘firewall’ > double click on Windows Firewall.
Now turn Windows Firewall on or off >and check the two options that permit you to disable the firewall > tap OK.
- In case you are utilizing a third-party antivirus method just confirm that you have disabled its own firewall.
5. Cleaning Windows Registry
At times the fatal error c0000034 applying update operation error is the reason of repeated and invalid entries via Windows registry. Users can remove it if they want but mostly users wouldn’t go for it as it takes so much time to process.
With the help of Auslogics Registry Cleaner, users can also resolve this issue and get their PC work without any issue because all steps are automated, and users can solve it with few taps.
6. Running DSM Instruction
Going for the scanning option while utilizing the DISM command, users can resolve fatal error c0000034 applying update operation. With the help of it you can also restore the integrity of those system files that were troubled.
- As first step write cmd in the Windows search box and right-click on the Command Prompt and run it as an administrator
- Now enter the following instructions and press Enter:
DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth
DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Here just wait for the process to end and then reboot your system.
Fatal error c0000034 applying update operation is the issue users’ encounter sometimes. With the help of the above procedures we hope that users might probably be able to solve this issue.