Laptop keyboard not working on Windows 10 is one of the most surprising and an exceptional aspect of the operating system that has various tremendous functions but some users are having trouble within. One of the significant issues of consideration that users reported was that the keyboard doesn’t work on Windows 10, as we all know it is one of the biggest issues so today we are gonna explain how to fix this problem.
Following are some solutions through which you can make it possible to use your keyboard on Windows 10:
1). Uninstall Synaptics Driver
2). Updation of Keyboard Or Trackpad Drivers
3). Switching off Filter Keys
4). Use the Windows Key + Space shortcut
5). Installing latest Updates
6). Using USB Keyboard
1: Uninstall Synaptics Driver
Synaptics is one of the oldest drivers that is causing trouble in Windows 10. As Windows 10 isn’t very well matched with this driver, that’s why your Laptop Keyboard Not Working on Windows 10. By following these steps you can uninstall Synaptics driver and make your keyboard workable again.
- Right-click the Start Button and choose Device Manager from the menu.
- When Device Manager opens you need to locate Synaptics driver then click right and choose Uninstall from the menu.
- If available, check the Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- After uninstalling the driver restart your PC or Laptop. When your system reopens, your system’s keyboard will start working properly if your Laptop Keyboard Not Working on Windows 10 after the installation of Default driver. There are some people who suggest you uninstall all HID Keyboard, touchpad and mouse drivers from your system, so you can do it if necessary.
You should keep this thing in your mind that you will restart your Laptop after the deletion of the mentioned drivers above.
2: Updation of Keyboard Or Trackpad Drivers
Updating your drivers can be helpful in the proper functioning of your laptop’s keyboard and save you from investing more time if laptop keyboard not working on windows 10. For the sake of the installation of the drivers, you need to use the CD you got it with your system and then install the required drivers from the CD. In case the drivers don’t work properly you need to go and see your laptop manufacturer’s website and download the important keyboard and trackpad drivers.
For the sake of it, you will attach a USB keyboard or onscreen keyboard to your laptop. Another option would be to download the required drivers on another PC and then shift them to your system.
It is a time-consuming and monotonous task to download drivers on your own in a non-automatic way that can also be harmful to your system if you download some corrupted version of the drivers. That’s why you have to use Driver Update software that can automatically download the safe and required drivers.
The tool below is accepted because of its authenticity by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus. After various experimentations and tests, this solution is highly recommended as it can automatically sort out the issues. Below you can find a quick guide how to do it.
- After the installation, the program will automatically start scanning your system and update it. Driver Updater will check already existed driver version against its cloud database of the latest versions and will let you know about the necessary updates. You should take the proper time to let the scanning part end first.
- After the completion of scanning part, you will get notifications about all drivers if the keyboard not working windows 10 and cause trouble in your system. Analyze the list and check if there is any need to update all drivers one by one or collectively. If you want to update a single driver at a time, you have to click the ‘Update driver’ link that is next to the driver name or you can just click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all suggested updates.
Note: Just keep this thing in your mind that there are some drivers that take some time during their installation. Because there is more than one step involving the procedure. You just have to click ‘Update’ a few times till the end of the process.
3: Switching off Filter Keys
This function is made to disregard short or continuously repeating keystrokes. As the users said that this function is already on by default on the systems. That’s why people are sometimes facing trouble. To fix this problem you have to switch off all the Filter Keys, by following these steps:
- Go to Control Panel and open Ease of Access Center.
- Scroll down and select make the keyboard easier to use option.
- Scroll down and find the Filter Keys option. You must be make sure that Turn on Filter Keys option is not checked.
- After switching off this option, click Apply and OK to save changes. Hope, Issue of Laptop Keyboard Not Working Windows 10 has been resolved.
4: Use the Windows Key + Space Shortcut
Some users say that they are having trouble with specific keys but they can easily solve this issue by pressing Windows Key + Space on your keyboard all keys will start working. Only one keyboard shortcut can easily solve it. You can see on your keyboard a lock icon and fn letters inside it. This key is the Esc key, but sometimes it can be different according to the model of your PC. To sort out this issue you will hold the Shift key and press the key that has a lock icon on it.
Your laptop keyboard will start working normally.
5: Installing latest Updates
Day by day everything is moving towards better and more modified versions of the technology. So, Microsoft is also improving with newer updates and versions but sometimes it also causes trouble. If you want to sort this issue out you have to use Windows Update and download the latest updates. By using the latest version of it you can work on your system without any problem.
6: Using USB Keyboard
This is a workaround, but if you are unable to solve the issue on your PC, you should think about using a USB Keyboard. This is not the ultimate solution but it can help you to use your system until you solve the issue. As we are talking about Keyboards, you might be interested changing your old one so in this case, we will suggest you to check our list of keyboards for Windows 10 users. Those who want something you the sake of recreation and gaming can see a lot of good mechanical gaming keyboards and backlit keyboards.
In case your Keyboard not working Windows 10 just Turn off Filter keys and always update your drivers. If these solutions are not helpful then you can try other solutions from the article.
laptop Keyboard not working windows 10 is a major issue that people are facing when they talk about various operating systems. By following the given solutions above you can make it through and save your time and energy.
Fixed: [pii_email_ 852aaa38ea9052920d3d] Error
Communication is a key aspect of any business or organization to work efficiently. The faster the communication, the more effective the operation of the business….
How to Connect Airpods to Mac
Airpods is known as a Bluetooth tool that is made by Apple so you could connect them with all Apple devices. They are designed by…