The process of Updates for Windows 10 is kept on changing for the sake of its security and stability among users, as Microsoft is pushing hard to make these updates a vital part and keep every PC up to date. But sometimes something goes wrong with an update and you feel trapped with issues while browsing, like removing the windows 10 update or uninstalling the windows 10 update.
Users have seen issues and complained about, driver issues, an update breaking, apps crashing, webcams freezing issues, and settings not migrating properly after you upgrade it. At times there is not any problem with the update, as it’s an issue that happened while the installation procedure. What would be the solution to fix it? Remove and reinstall that particular update.
Here we’ll explain how to remove the windows 10 update or uninstall windows 10 and re-apply an update that is causing the issue on your device in the following ways:
Uninstall Windows 10 Update:
Remove windows 10 update or uninstalling windows 10 update is one of the most important issues, discussed in the field of operating systems. By following the above steps, you can remove the windows 10 update or uninstall the windows 10 update.
- The initial step is to Open Settings.
- Press on the Update & security Option.
- Then press on Windows Update.
- After doing that tap the Update history link.
- On the box of update history, you can see which updates were installed completely without any error and those that failed; it can also help you to know which updates are creating trouble. Press the link to Uninstall updates.
- Microsoft doesn’t move everything to the Settings app, so users will go to the Control Panel to uninstall an update Then choose the update and tap the button of uninstalling.
- After that press Yes to confirm the uninstallation process.
- Press Restart Now to reboot your PC and end the task.
Related Article: How to Uninstall a Program on Windows 10
Reinstall an Update on Windows 10:
- You need to open the Settings page.
- Tap Update & security Option.
- After completing the above few steps Press on Windows Update.
- Then press to Check of update button for the update check, which will install the update automatically in your system.
- Press the Restart Now button to complete the task.
As you reboot your PC, the installation of updates is installed properly, and you can easily make your Windows 10 device workable.
Block Installation of Specific Updates on Windows 10:
In case after reinstallation of the update, users still face issues on their system, then there is something wrong with the process of update. You can also hide the update that is causing trouble for time being to stop Windows from trying to apply it to your PC.
We can easily stop updates from the process of download and installation automatically using Windows Update in old versions of Windows, as Microsoft has made them compulsory on Windows 10, this feature has been removed now. The company still gives a small tool to give you hide for some time any update that has defects.
For uninstallation of an update and stopping Windows from installation, you can follow the given steps:
- Delete the Windows Update with the trouble by following the steps explained above.
- Then Download the Show or Hide updates troubleshooters from Microsoft support.
- Double-click the .diagcab file to launch the tool.
- Tap the Next Button.
- Press Hide updates to proceed.
- The mentioned tool above will check online and make a list of the available updates currently not installed on the PC. Chose the Windows Update that is conflicting, and press the Next button.
- After that Press Close to end the task.
Users can uninstall and hide the update that isn’t working correctly on their own. Windows 10 devices will not try to download it again until there is a new update that takes place of the old version.
Keep this thing in your mind you can easily see the update again if you want by following the same instructions explained above, but in step 5, you have to use the Show hidden updates option. After that, you can go with the same method of reinstallation of the update on your Windows 10 system.
Remove windows 10 update or uninstalling windows 10 update is one of the most important issues, discussed in the field of operating systems. By following the above steps, you can uninstall the windows 10 update.