There is Windows feasibility named Device Manager, where users can handle the drivers. Users can also get information about updated drivers, driver’s status, and drivers that have been removed. It is very important for users to know how to open Device Manager in their system.
There are a lot of reasons why users might want to open the device manager in different versions of the Windows operating system but mostly it is due to troubleshooting different types of computer hardware-related problems. It’s a little bit tough to find if you don’t have an idea where exactly it is. Below are two methods that help to open Device Manager easily.
Method # 1: Open Device Manager Via Control Panel
- You need to go to your Control Panel option and click on it. If you’re using Windows 10 or Windows 8 then you will see the Device Manager option there.
In Windows 10 and Windows 8, You can use a Short key. You press Windows Key and X together then on the left side, you will see a window where you can find the Device Manager option easily. See the picture below.
- If you’re using Windows 7 then in Control Panel Window, you will see Hardware and Sound option click on it Then you will see the Device Manager option under the Devices and Printers heading.
- Windows Vista users will click on System and Maintenance, where you able to see the Device Manager option.
- Windows XP users open the Control Panel where they will click on the Performance and Maintenance option and find the device Manager there.
Method # 2: Open Device Manager Using Command
There are many ways to open it but they depend on the model and versions of windows that are present in your system. Here, we’ll explain to you the easiest way to make the device manager work for you. This method can apply to all versions of Windows.
By following the below steps you can open Device Manager in your Windows operating system:
- As the initial step, on your keyboard, you can open the run box by clicking the Windows logo key and R together.
- Then write devmgmt.msc and tap OK.
- Now you will open Device Manager and take it to Windows 10 as an example of the understanding.
- Now in Device Manager, you would be able to see problematic drivers and see a yellow mark next to them.
Solution of Driver issue:
Users might not probably be using it in the right way if they can see a yellow sign on the device. Updating drivers can fix your driver issue. There are two ways to update drivers. The first one is automatic and the second one Manually. Both ways work but in case you don’t have much time and energy. Then you should do it via automatic processing to use a different driver updater.
It will find the right drivers through the automatic process for your system and you should not be worried about anything. Like the worry of installation, and finding proper drivers for your system.
Hope the above two methods will help you to open Device Manager easily. You can also fix driver issues to update the driver manually or use the driver updater. Driver updater automatically updates your drivers and you will not face a similar issue again.