System Restore Point:
System Restore is an integral attribute that is present in Windows 7 that helps to improve the condition of your PC, that includes Windows Registry, files in your PC, local user profiles, and settings of your system. When you are having trouble with your PC, you should know how to create a restore point windows 7to retrieve system in its old state.
There are many unpredicted things that can be the cause of damage to your system including accidental deletion of system files, Virus attacks, Ransomware, etc. That’s why it is important to make a system restore points in Windows 7. It was first launched in Windows ME and was included in all the Windows operating systems that came after that.
How to authorize and Produce System Restore Points in Windows 7?
When your new software is in the process of installation windows will generate system restore points automatically, when new Windows updates installed, and a driver is installed. If nothing like that is mentioned above happened in seven days, Windows 7 will make a system restore point in an automatic way. Except that, you can also build a system restore point on your own. By following the steps below you can make it sure if System Restore is allowed and custom the settings.
- Right-click on to run “My Computer” and then go to “Properties”. In the PC Properties window, press on the “System Protection”. You can also search for “system protection”, and choose “Create a restore point” from the results.
- In Windows 7, C: drive protection is on by default. If you find it necessary to make restore points on other drives also, you turn the protection on for the specified disk. By the way, the System Restore protection is damaged by default in Windows 10.
- Presson Configure to configure restores settings. After that, you can specify what do you want to save and disk space used for system restore points.
- Then System Properties dialog screen automatically opens up and press on “Create”.
- As the procedure is finished, you would be able to see the message that restores point was created successfully.
The restore points will be saved on the volume that you are protecting, in case the volume is corrupted, the restore points will not work. If the disk free space on the volume is too low for System Restore to work, it will automatically disable itself.
To erase the previous restore points you can also use Disk Cleanup, but the installation of the latest one will save some disk space.
What is Custom System Restore Point Creation Frequency?
You can utilize Windows Task Scheduler to automatically make a system restore points on a scheduled time or even if you are you are not satisfied with the gap between restore points creation interval. Like to produce system points at startup:
- Write “taskschd.msc” in Windows Run prompt open Task Scheduler to make a basic task.
- On the left panel, navigate to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows ->SystemRestore.
- Click twice on the task named “SR” to edit it.
- Under Triggers tab, add a new trigger at Startup After doing that you can also add triggers as you want. Press “OK” to save the settings.
Now you can see, a new system restore point will be made automatically according to your desired schedule and intervals. If you want to change the frequency, you can just modify this task in Task Scheduler
How to System Restore Windows 7 from Boot to Resolve your PC?
In case your computer gets corrupted or something else goes wrong, you can use system restore points to restore the system in Safe Mode in the previous better state. When you cannot boot into Windows 7, you can also go to the Safe Mode to utilize restore system.
- In your computer startup (before showing the Windows logo), Click the F8 key again and again.
- Then you will see Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Write:”rstrui.exe” and click Enter.
- Then you can select one of the accessible restore points to system restore Windows 7 in Safe Mode.
In case you are unable to boot into Safe Mode, you can also use a system repair disc to ingress System Restore to restore your PC.
Issues System Restore Points cannot fix:
As we have explained above, system restore will restore registry settings, drivers, system files, installed software. There are some programs like antivirus tool that will not work as they should work after the restoration. Windows will make a list of all the affected programs. Before performing the task of system restore you should always check them.
All the Windows updates that are installed after the restore point will be uninstalled. Your personal files and other important data will remain safe and not be affected, so we can say that system restore points cannot be regarded as data backup.
Keep this thing in your mind that system restore cannot delete, clean virus or malware like WannaCry or Petya, because, they are deeply infected within your operating system. As the restore points are saved on every volume, the system restore will not work if the volume corrupted. Apart from that, you may want a deeper layer of security besides making system restore points in Windows 7.
Image Backup Software to Save your System:
For the sake of protection and save your system from serious troubles likehard drive failure,ransomware infection, filesystem corruption, you should make a full system image backup.
AOMEI Backupper is efficient and well found free backup software which is produced to help you in making yoursystem’s image backup, which you can use it to instantly restore your PC to a previous state in case of emergency.
It also permits you to make extra backups or dissimilar backups to keep your data backup updated without taking unnecessary disk space. It has a clear interface and is so intuition to users that even a newbie of the computer won’t feel any issue during the operation. You can follow these steps to create a system restore point in Windows 7:
- You can Free download, install and run AOMEI Backupper. Then in the interface, press “System backup”.
- After doing that choose the backup destination in the “Step 2” to save the image file, and then press “Start Backup” to start the operation.
Note: In case you want to automatically backup: You can also customize the backup period like backup as daily, weekly, monthly. After this, press “Schedule Off” at the bottom of the backup interface. In Schedule Backup Setting window, three option bars list on top: Daily; Weekly; Monthly.
Restoration of System from a Backup with AOMEI Backupper:
As you will get to know how to create a restore point windows 7restorebackup, there are 4 methods through which you can restore your system back with AOMEI Backupper. You can restore the backup to a new hard drive or SSD, or even restore to dissimilar hardware.
- Reinstate within running Windows. In case your PC is bootable but not working properly, you can open AOMEI Backupper and choose backup file under Restore tab to perform the restore.
- After that, you will reinstate from the Windows recovery environment. You can also amalgamate AOMEI Backupper to Windows recovery environment. Then press Windows recovery environment to select AOMEI Backupper and then restore the backup from Windows repair disk or installation disc.
- Reinstate through bootable CD or USB drive. If your system fails to boot, you can do it from the old created bootable media to boot your PC to perform the process of restoration. You can create the bootable disk from another working computer in case you did not make the boot media earlier.
- Through AOMEI PXE Tool you can use feature under Utilities from another working system to boot your PC that is having boot issues.
Making a system restore point in Windows 7 is the best choice of selection in the event of installed programs, drivers, system files, settings go wrong. In case of more serious system issues, it is recommended to make full system backup with AOMEI Backupper. By following above ways you can easily get to know how to create a restore point windows 7.