There are some users that have complained about issues relevant to the Configuration system failing to initialize error that pops up on their system in case they have Windows operating system. This error occurs the time when users are about to start the latest downloaded application or to start an application after including web service. No need to be anxious about this issue because in this article we will let you know how to resolve the error configuration system failed to initialize.
Following are the solutions through which users can sort their issues out:
Solution 1: Tool for File Checker for Run System
One of the main issues regarding the Configuration system failing to initialize error is corruption in Windows system files. Users can use the tool System File Checker to see and solve this problem.
- As the first and foremost step is that on your keyboard, tap the Windows logo key + X key all together to start the quick access menu.
- Then tap Command Prompt (Admin) to start Command Prompt as administrator.
Now tap Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
- After the completion of the above steps on the command prompt window, write sfc /scannow and press Enter. Now users are supposed to wait for some time so the process of Verification ends.
You will see that System File Checker will assist you to revive the problematic files via automatic processing.
- As for the last step when all is finished just close the command prompt window and check in case the problem is still there or resolved.
Solution 2: Checking Configuration File
Users should be sure about it that inside the configuration element of your config file, the first child is a configSections element.
- At the start of your keyboard, click the Windows logo key + E altogether. So you can open File Explorer.
- After that above step now go to C: \ Windows \ Microsoft.NET \ Framework64 \ v2.0.50727 \ CONFIG.
- After the completion of the above steps right-clicks on the config file of the application which has a problem. Select Edit. ( Experts suggest you utilize Notepad++.to Edit Option).
- Time When the config file is open, you can see inside the configuration element, to make sure that the first child is the configSections element.
In case the problem is still visible on your Windows 10, there is a higher possibility that the first child isn’t configSections element inside the configuration element. Then you can erase the configuration element between <configuration> and <configSections>.
- At the end save the changes on the config file and end the edit window. After doing that see if the issue is still there yet or ended.
Solution 3: Deleting the Previous Config File
By removing the old configuration files users can resolve the error configuration system failed to initialize the problem. You can do it by the following steps:
- Here is the initial step on your keyboard, tap the Windows log key + E to open the File, Explorer.
- Then go to C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ app name and remove the application config file.
- Now go to C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Roaming \ app name and erase the app config file.
Solution 4: Going for a Clean Boot and Removing Extra Apps
In this method, users solve error configuration the system failed to initialize by going for the option of Clean Booting their system. This boot will permit your system to start with the smallest set of programs and drivers. Those services would be enabled and the other services are hidden. Now users can try starting the app and check in case it starts as needed. In case you are unable to see it, you can enable all the applications one after another and decide which one was the reason for the error. The time users decide on the app that was problematic, you can simply remove it.
Note: There are users that have given their opinions about certain apps like “web companion”, “ad adware” etc. which were the reason for their system’s error.
- In the first step tap Windows + R to launch the Run app, write “msconfig” in the dialogue box and click Enter.
- Now at the top of your system screen go Navigate to the Services tab. Then see the line which says “Hide all Microsoft services”. The time you have just tapped this, all Microsoft relevant services will be hidden and you would be able to see the third-party services only.
- After the completion of the above steps tap the “Disable all” button present at the near bottom at the left side of the window. All third-party services will now be disabled.
Then press Apply to save changes and exit.
- Users can navigate to the Startup tab and tap the option of “Open Task Manager”. You will see that now you are moved to the task manager where all the services which run when your system starts will be categorized.
- Then choose all services one after another and press “Disable” at the bottom right side of the window of your PC.
- At the end revive your PC and check if the issue is still there. In case it doesn’t, it means to say that there was some external program that was the reason for the issue. Now go check your downloaded programs and decide which app is the reason for the error.
Solution 5: Creating A Local Account
Here users can go for the option of creating a local account on their PC and check in case the issue appears. A local account is something that isn’t interlinked with your Microsoft email. This is based on a username and a password. You can also go and check problems on a local account to confirm that the present account you are using isn’t problematic or has incorrect configurations set.
In case the issue is not in the new local account, you can move your data there and remove this account without any Error. From this article, users can get to know how they can resolve the error configuration system failed to initialize error. We hope that the above-mentioned methods will be helpful for users.