There are many people who want to download Windows 10 into a flash drive. But the bad thing is Windows Installer does not permit you to install Windows 10 from USB. So users are curious whether there is a method to download it into a USB flash drive. In this article, you will find guidelines to download Windows 10’s version into a USB flash drive and start Windows 10 from the USB flash drive. The time you see that the downloading process has ended just install the programs and copy files to the USB drive. Now users can take the Windows 10 to go USB flash drive to anywhere they want to go and utilize it on any PC if it is a Legacy BIOS or UEFI PC.
Below are the steps through which users can install Windows 10 from USB:
- As the first step connect the USB flash drive to the PC.
- Then download WinToUSB, to run it as administrator.
- Now tap the DVD logo button, then press the folder button and choose the Windows 10 installation ISO file from the open dialog box.
- You will see that WinToUSB scans and lists installable OS in the Windows 10 installation ISO. Just choose the edition of Windows you want to download and tap the option of “Next“.
- Here choose the USB flash drive in the drop-down list. In case the USB drive is not identified by WinToUSB, you just need to press the button for the program to identify the USB drive.
- The time you choose the USB drive, a message will display and will ask in case you want to format it to proceed, pick the “MBR for BIOS and UEFI” checkbox and press “Yes“.
- Now pressing “Yes“, WinToUSB starts formatting. Just wait till the format finish
- After the completion of the above steps now you have successfully formatted the USB drive, choose the installation mode, and tap “Next“.
- Now after tapping “Next“, WinToUSB starts installing Windows 10 to the USB drive.
- The process will take some time to download. After installation reboot the system and change BIOS to boot from your USB drive.
- Here you would be able to see that Windows 10 normal installation begins and you have to finish all the steps of the process of installation. After that, you can download programs, copy files, etc.
With the help of this article and by following the above steps we hope that users can Install Windows 10 from USB very easily.