After downloading Windows 10, in case you’re currently utilizing an AMD graphics card, you will probably face some issues like AMD Drivers Won’t Install Windows 10 Error. There are some users who have complained that when they try to download their AMD drivers. The process of installation doesn’t end because of some detection driver issue.
The good this is that it is easy to fix the AMD drivers Windows 10 in Windows 10 as well as in Windows 8 and 8.1. The issue shows when you’re interconnected to the internet while downloading Windows 10. As the setup wizard downloads Microsoft AMD drivers via automatic processing. Which can also be a troubling reason for AMD’s drivers. After the detection part, users will see that their screen will turn black and now you are supposed to reboot their PC. OR in some other cases, you’ll see a “Detection Driver” problem.
Following are some methods through which you can fix this issue:
Uninstall Current and Reinstall AMD Catalyst Drivers:
To be able to install the AMD Catalyst drivers, you must first uninstall the drivers Microsoft first installed while setting up your system. You can uninstall your drivers easily with AMD Catalyst Uninstall Utility, and here’s how you can do that:
- As the first step open the Control Panel.
- Then tap on the option of Programs And Features.
- Now choose AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
- Click on
- After the completion of the above steps, if prompted by the AMD Catalyst Install Manager just InstallShield Wizard and choose Express Uninstall software of ALL ATI.
- Tap OK to permit the AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Then in InstallShield Wizard, you can also delete ALL AMD driver and application parts.
- At the end press Yes when prompted to reboot your PC and end the process of uninstalling the previous driver.
When the utility finishes uninstalling all the AMD drivers, your screen should look as if it had a standard VGA driver installed.
When the process is finished all your default drivers will be uninstalled and your screen will look like you have a standard VGA driver installed. Sometimes users don’t have any AMD drivers installed on their computers, restart the AMD Catalyst setup and you should install your AMD Catalyst drivers normally.
Now, in case users know how they can download AMD drivers again, the following are some methods to do it properly:
Installation of New Driver Utilizing AMD Radeon Settings:
One of the simplest methods to resolve AMD drivers in Windows 10 is to update your AMD drivers by utilizing the official AMD support software, AMD Radeon Settings. There is a higher possibility that you have this software already on your PC in the condition that your last driver was downloaded through DVD.
Users can just open AMD Radeon Settings, in case a new update is there, the program will send you a notification. You just have to download all those updates that are there and reboot your PC and you will see everything will be sorted out.
Installation of New Driver on your Own:
In case AMD Radeon Settings will not pop up with a new update or you don’t like utilizing this software then there is another option to install drivers on your own. Users can do it by visiting the official AMD Driver Support site, selecting their graphics card, and then going through the process of driver installation. Download drivers the way you do other programs. You just need to follow the wizard guideline and reboot your PC.
Installation of New Driver via Device Manager:
Device Manager is the most convenient way in case you want to install drivers and resolve AMD drivers in Windows 10. Sometimes users don’t know how to install drivers utilizing the Device Manager, so in this case, you can just follow the below steps:
- In the first step go to Search, write ” devicemngr “, and open Device Manager
- Then extract Display adapters.
- Now right-click your AMD graphics card, and go to the option of Update driver.
- After the completion of the above steps just follow the next steps that are on-screen.
- In the end, you need to restart your system.
Installation of New Driver via Tweakbit :
In case you are a newbie and don’t know how to update the drivers on your own, here we will recommend you do it via automatic processing through Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool. As this tool accepted by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus and after experimentation experts have declared that this is one of the best automatic methods of solving your issue.
Users can find out how to do it in the following steps:
- Firstly, You need to download the TweakBit Driver Updater.
- After downloading it the program will start scanning your system for old drivers via automatic processing. Driver Updater will find your downloaded driver versions with compare them to its cloud database of the newest versions and will send you the right updates. Here, you will have to wait for some time so the process of scanning ends.
- The time the process of scanning ends. You would be able to see a report on all problematic drivers that are currently available in your system. Just go through the list and see in case you want to update each driver one by one or all together. If you want to update a single driver at a time, tap the ‘Update driver’ link next to the name of the driver. You can also do it by tapping the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to download all suggested updates via automatic processing.
Note: There are a few drivers that will be downloaded in more than one step so you have to tap the ‘Update’ button multiple times to download it properly.
There are a few functions of this tool that are not free of cost.
There are a few plus points of this tool. As we all know that it doesn’t only support AMD drivers. Users can utilize it to update any kind of driver on their system. If you’re looking for a lifelong way that will expose issues caused by old drivers, Tweakbit is the best solution.
Switching Off Antivirus and Firewall:
Here users can also try temporarily disabling their antivirus and Windows Firewall and solve AMD drivers for Windows 10. Antivirus programs are famous for not being very supportive of Windows updates. And you will see that driver updates are also not working in your case. In this condition, it’s not possible to download the latest update for your AMD graphics card. So you can hide your antivirus for time being. You can also go hiding Windows Firewall as well on a temporary basis.
The following is the way to do it:
- As the first step tap Windows Key + S, write Firewall, and choose Windows Firewall from the list of results.
- Now when the Windows Firewall starts, press on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- After the completion of the above steps chooses to Turn off Windows Firewall for the sake of changing both private and public network settings.
- At the end tap OK to save changes.
We hope that any of the above methods will help users in resolving AMD drivers Won’t Install Windows 10 Errors.